Case Study: Blake Lapthorn
Blake Lapthorn is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, providing a comprehensive range of legal services for businesses, individuals and families. Blake Lapthorn has a network of offices in London and across the South East, including Southampton, Winchester, Oxford and Portsmouth. The company has more than 100 partners, 400 lawyers and a total
- The move to the firm's office in Southampton required careful planning and implementation in order to avoid any disruption in the service to Blake Lapthorn’s clients. At the same time it provided an ideal opportunity for the company to upgrade its voice and data systems and to develop a communications strategy that would take it forward for the next decade.
- Blake Lapthorn wanted to build its new communications infrastructure linking all its offices across the South East and to house the new Data Centre, which would hold the firm’s centralised IT and communications infrastructure in it’s Southampton office.
- Blake Lapthorn needed a partner that could deal with complex projects from the strategic 'big picture' down to the minutest details, from cabling requirements to large-scale, last-minute system changes.
- NextiraOne provided consultancy support and design expertise from the very earliest planning stages of Blake Lapthorn’s project, advising the company on how to support its long-term business and growth objectives by building a next generation communications infrastructure.
- The new solution is based on a Converged LAN and Unified Communications platform, the infrastructure includes wireless and security technology and is based on Cisco architecture.
- NextiraOne designed, planned and managed the installation of the new Cisco architecture and was responsible for the Data Centre design and build, down to the detailed installation, including cabling, racking and cooling, in the new building.
- NextiraOne also helped to coordinate the relocation of staff to the new building, ensuring that all the system changes required during the move were carried out without disruption to normal business activities.
- Blake Lapthorn has signed a five year support contract that provides comprehensive support for all elements of the company’s communications system from NextiraOne. The support contract covers the infrastructure and also equipment from third party suppliers, giving Blake Lapthorn one point of contact for all support and maintenance issues with its communications system
- Blake Lapthorn was able to continue its business activities uninterrupted throughout the relocation thanks to smooth and seamless management by NextiraOne
- Some moves were carried out ahead of schedule making the transition easier for subsequent staff moves
- Blake Lapthorn now has a state-of-the-art Data Centre and communications platform providing excellent future-proof functionality
- The Data Centre allows greater collaboration through various applications – these help to increase productivity
- The wireless and security elements allow greater flexibility and mobility – Blake Lapthorn staff can now access data and communications more easily when working away from their workstations
- The NextiraOne support contract provides peace of mind and simplifies maintenance and support of the system. Blake Lapthorn has one point of contact and NextiraOne takes responsibility for all aspects of the system, leaving no grey areas and providing a responsive and reliable service.