Case Study: Scottish & Newcastle
- Scottish & Newcastle is one of the UK’s leading brands in the supply of beers, lagers and ciders, and also has a chain of own brand pubs and restaurants.
- Headquartered in Edinburgh,
- In April 2008 the company was acquired jointly by Heineken and Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle UK now operates as the UK trading arm of Heineken International.
- Scottish & Newcastle depends on a highly efficient team of telesales and customer service staff to manage the needs of thousands of outlets across the UK and ensure that orders are captured and deliveries made each day.
- Call details must be recorded quickly and accurately in order for the supply chain to work smoothly and efficiently.
- The contact centre is at the core of this business and its 280 call centre agents handle some 32,000 outgoing and incoming calls per week
- When Scottish & Newcastle decided to consolidate its regional structure of eight customer service centres throughout the UK into one integrated contact centre located in Livingston, they called on the advice and experience of NextiraOne’s experts to design and implement the new system and provide ongoing maintenance and support.
- NextiraOne was able to work alongside Scottish & Newcastle to design a multimedia contact centre solution that would suit the company’s very specific needs
- NextiraOne proposed a solution based on an Alcatel-Lucent PABX communications server, using Genesys ACD software with Nice Voice recording and with customer relationship management through a SAP R/3 CRM platform
- NextiraOne provides on-site support and maintenance at the Livingston centre to ensure that the system is fully reliable during service hours with 24/7 call-out support
- A solution that is robust, resilient and future-proof.
- A centre that stands the test of both capacity and performance and the need for constant evolution, together with the peace of mind that the system consistently reaches the highest levels of availability, ensuring continuity of operation in a business-critical environment.
- The managed services contract provides a named NextiraOne service manager as the main point of contact to ensure continuity and an in-depth understanding of the system. This has ensured that the contact centre system has consistently achieved the target 100% availability during service hours.
Alcatel-Lucent and Genesys