Evolving toward new technology
When it comes to new technology, all public bodies face certain constraints. Many are working to meet e-government rules and targets set nationally or by the EU. All have a duty to invest public money with great care, and must ensure that expenditure is justified by efficiencies, increased effectiveness and/or cost savings. However, the needs and expectations of every organisation’s stakeholders are different and it is important that each body sets its own policies and objectives.
Information and communications technology is arguably the single most effective tool for those in the public sector who wish to improve stakeholder satisfaction levels. It can bring about:
- Cost savings,
- Improved service delivery across all departments,
- New efficiencies throughout the organisation,
- Better staff morale and productivity,
- Greater social inclusion,
- Clearer communications between public bodies and stakeholders,
- More effective promotion of the organisation’s objectives.
NextiraOne provides service, support and advice to more than 100,000 customers across Europe, many of which belong to national governments, and local authorities. We also serve many other public sector bodies, including healthcare and educational institutions, and NGOs.
- The provision of expert advice concerning the financial implications of a proposed solution, such as return on investment and total cost of ownership calculations, and alternative risk management and ownership models, including outsourcing and managed services,
- The design of tools that match existing or planned organisational structures, needs and objectives,
- The identification of the most appropriate technology solutions, based on our organisational analysis,
- The customisation, deployment and integration of the selected technologies,
- The implementation of a change management programme, usually in cooperation with the customer’s internal communications, HR and/or training teams,
- The provision of a tailored service and support model that will ensure the continuing optimum performance, availability and security of the solution throughout its lifecycle.